Re: GNUstep and Theming...

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: GNUstep and Theming...
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 19:47:14 +0000

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 7:43 PM, Gregory John Casamento
<greg_casamento@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I just looked at some of the themes from GTK and it seems like, for the
> themes which are just image substitution, we could write a GNUstep theming
> engine which would use these.
>
> I'm interested in investigating this further as it means we could leverage
> many of the existing themes which have been created for GNOME/GTK.

Remember though that there's a quite fundamental difference in terms
of UI and widgets between gnustep and other toolkits -- we generally
do not resize automatically our widgets. I expect a fair amount of
themes to give mild results because of this. OTOH, OSX themes should
be reusable nearly transparently.

--
Nicolas Roard
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound