NSOperation status

From: Sebastian Nowicki
Subject: NSOperation status
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 16:51:57 +0900

In the release notes for v1.16.0 [1] it is mentioned that NSOperation is on the to-do list. I'm wondering what the status of that is. As far as I can tell there's no support for it whatsoever. This is unfortunate as I would like to use this instead of NSThread for my cross-platform framework (Cocoa & GNUstep). I'm not sure whether to just use NSOperation and wait for it to be supported in GNUstep or use NSThread and switch later.

[1]
http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Base/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes.html