Re: Impelmenting NSWindows95InterfaceStyle

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Impelmenting NSWindows95InterfaceStyle
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 17:08:54 -0800 (PST)

Robert,

I agree that this is a conundrum. :)   We are facing the same decision that had to be made for OpenStep on Windows.

I really believe that we should choose an approach similar to the one that NeXT took at that point.  I would be very skeptical of an MDI based approach, but I might be open to providing it as an option, if someone can show me that it's a viable approach for GNUstep apps.

What concerns me about MDI are the modifications that would be necessary in the backend to support it... as well as possible impacts on the API to accommodate the concepts having subwindows (which MDI uses) would introduce.

Later,
Gregory Casamento -- Principal Consultant - OLC, Inc
# GNUstep Chief Maintainer