Re: Impelmenting NSWindows95InterfaceStyle

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Impelmenting NSWindows95InterfaceStyle
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 17:45:15 +0100

Hey,

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Chisnall"
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 2:50 PM

> On 20 Jan 2009, at 13:28, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
>
> > I discussed the problem a long time ago with Gregory and I agreed on
> > the openstep approach, including the possibility to include a second
> > NIB/GORM file specific for windows, which, if present, gets loaded
> > instead of the standard one.
>
> It's not just about Windows - this kind of look and feel will also
> want to be enabled for GNUstep apps running in Windows clones like KDE
> and GNOME.

perfectly agreed, acter all they are all born from IBM CUA. We can add OS/2
or CDE too. Or many similars. BeOS at the end is very similar in concept.

I would enable the "special" nib in case the menu-style is enabled.

Of course, you could also think to have different GORMs for each OS
architecture, but it gets complicated... Of course it could have a meaning
for small details like Preferences, Help Menu, Quit menu... some of these
could be handled automatically, but not all. The same goes for the interface
of panels (eg. OK / Cancel vs. Cancel /OK). I'm just throwing in some
examples.

Riccardo