Re: Need help understanding subclassing issue

From: Pierre Bz
Subject: Re: Need help understanding subclassing issue
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:22:49 +0000 (UTC)

hns <hns <at> computer.org> writes:
> On 19 Feb., 22:35, Pierre Bz <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I am having problems with writing a subclass.
> To give a short answer: you can't easily subclass NSDictionary.
> How to solve it:
> * either reduce your model to use only a category of NSDictionary
> * redesign your "is a dictionary" class relation to a "has a
> dictionary". i.e. subclass OGBanner from NSObject and provide an
> NSDictionary instance variable

It would seem that my first problem is I'm not looking at the right
documentation.  NSDictionary in the GNUstep base class reference:

Has no indication of it being a cluster, nor of the methods a subclass must
implement. Only the designated initialization method is indicated.

Is there a canonical source of reference documentation
I should be looking at instead?