Re: Fwd: Messaging across threads using NSThread

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Fwd: Messaging across threads using NSThread
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 09:50:28 +0200

Not sure, if I understand what you are trying to say. I don't see any
explicit permissions being used by our code and don't know why they
would be needed on an handle we create ourselves.

The first thing I notice when looking at this code is that we don't
check event before calling SetEvent. In all other places we do.
Then there is a problem with the call to CreateEvent for this event:

  if ((event = CreateEvent(NULL, TRUE, FALSE, NULL)) ==
INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE)

When the call to CreateEvent fails it will not return
INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE, but NULL. Most likely we will need to change all
the checks in this file to use that value.

If this is true, it still leaves the question why the initial call to
CreateEvent could fail and I have no answer to that. Perhaps the error
message will tell us. Could you please try this change and report back,
whether it works better than the current code?

Fred