Compiling SenTe's OCunit with GNUstep

From: Pierre-Henri Trivier
Subject: Compiling SenTe's OCunit with GNUstep
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 12:35:18 +0000 (GMT)

Hi everyone

 sorry if I am FAQing, but I am struggling to install a unit testing framework to start doing some objective-c programming with GNUstep under Linux.

I compiled yesterday's CVS version of GNUstep, and I am now trying to compile v27 of OCUnit (later versions seem to be only available as dmg, so I don't think I can use them).

OCUnit requires SenFoundation to be compiled, with a version of SenFoundation coming along in the tarball.

At the moment I have issues compiling SenFoundation at all, but I suspect I will also have trouble installing OCUnit. Does anyone know if it is feasible at all ? Should I just give up and use UnitKit or something else instead ? I am concerned that OCUnit seems to be the tool of choice for MacOS unit testing, and since I am thinking of writing portable-enough code ..

At this point, here is my problem : after sourcing the proper GNUstep.sh, when trying to compile SenFoundation (simple "make"), I get :

This is gnustep-make 2.0.8. Type 'make print-gnustep-make-help' for help.
Making build-headers for framework SenFoundation...
Making all for framework SenFoundation...
 Compiling file NSObject_SenRuntimeUtilities.m ...
In file included from NSObject_SenRuntimeUtilities.m:14:
SenInvocationEnumerator.h:13:25: warning: objc/runtime.h: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
NSObject_SenRuntimeUtilities.m:17:28: warning: objc/objc-class.h: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
NSObject_SenRuntimeUtilities.m:28: erreur: cannot find interface declaration for ‘Object’
make[2]: *** [obj/NSObject_SenRuntimeUtilities.m.o] Erreur 1
make[1]: *** [internal-framework-run-compile-submake] Erreur 2
make: *** [SenFoundation.all.framework.variables] Erreur 2

I could not find the objc/runtime.h or objc/objc-class.h files anywhere on my machine, so I fear it might be mac-os-x specific ...

Any help is welcome.

Thanks
PH