Re: bugs in Terminal.app

From: Zhang Weiwu
Subject: Re: bugs in Terminal.app
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 07:45:24 +0800

Fred Kiefer wrote:
Riccardo Mottola wrote:
    * man page not readable (see attached screenshot where I put xterm
      as comparison)
I just tried and I can use man just fine here, no funny characters. I have
never seen your problem, sorry.

Perhaps it is a font issue? Which terminal font are you using?
You are right. I am using WenQuanYi an opensource Chinese bitmap font with the hope to display Chinese ideographs. And it doesn't work for Chinese (maybe that's a bug in Terminal), but then I didn't switch back to an English font after I found this.