Re: How to compile backend xlib based on debian lenny's gnustep-gui

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: How to compile backend xlib based on debian lenny's gnustep-gui
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 21:07:15 +0200

What you are missing is the shared memory extension for your X server.
What is strange is that we try to detect this during the configure
phase. Perhaps we aren't checking that configure flag in all places the
need to do so. The one I could find where this isn't done was
back/Source/x11/XWindowBuffer.m and as far as I remember the xlib
backend isn't using this file. But it gets compile and loaded anyway,
perhaps we should change that.

But then if you had any other backend for GNUstep running before, this
will have required the same dependency. And you surely will get a lot of
warnings during compilation.

For now you will have to install XShm, on my sytem (SuSE 11.1) it is
packaged up in libXext and you will have to install the developer
package of that package as well, to get the compilation going.

Good luck
Fred