Re: How to compile backend xlib based on debian lenny's gnustep-gui

From: Zhang Weiwu
Subject: Re: How to compile backend xlib based on debian lenny's gnustep-gui
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 09:48:37 +0800

Fred Kiefer wrote:

> I already cleaned up the code in XWindowBuffer.m to no longer require
> the Xsh additions and context.c has been that way for quite some time.
> What did you need to change to get it working?

This is how I get it to compile, but the result is the newly built
backend does not support drag and drop.

   1. remove back/Source/x11/XWindowBuffer.m and the reference to it in
      back/Source/x11/GNUMakefile
   2. go to context.c and comment out everything between "#ifdef XSHM"
      and "#endifidef"

I've recompiled it with libxext-dev installed, then it works fine (also
with drag and drop). I am thinking maybe it is used anyway in drag and drop?