Re: are there people actually using GNUMail?

From: Andreas Schik
Subject: Re: are there people actually using GNUMail?
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 15:28:28 +0200

Zhang Weiwu schrieb:
Germán Arias wrote:
El mar, 02-06-2009 a las 22:10 +0200, Riccardo Mottola escribió:
It doesn't support thread view (as Thunderbird has) or going to the next email in this thread (as Apple mail has);
that's a design feature and i hope it stays so. Not all apps need to look and behave the same to be useful? There is an option to display threads as arced thread, which is evry convenient and even more powerful as plain tree-formed threads.
If you select "View -> Thread messages" and then double clic above any
message, a new window is opened. In this new window you can going to the
next or previous message with the arrows at the right. And if you select
"Box -> Inspector..." and select "Thread arcs" you see an image with the
thread and you can do clic above the points to see the messages. I
discover this today. But I can't send messages, GNUMail crash.
I had it crash several times for none of the case we mentioned so far. I
couldn't detect preciously what triggers it.

As of the problem that it display text half of the speed I type: this
problem does not exist on other GNUStep applications, e.g. I can type in
TalkSoup as fast as I want to type, so I think it is GNUMail related.

I can confirm this problem, too. Last week I upgraded my GNUstep installation to the top of trunk (the last time I installed GNUstep was about 18 months ago) and since then the text is shown seconds (!) after I typed it. And this happens in GNUMail only. All other apps are fine or produce other problems.

Andreas