Re: ANN: GShisen 1.3.0

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: ANN: GShisen 1.3.0
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 09:51:30 -0500

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 7:51 AM, hns@computer.org <hns@computer.org> wrote:
as a GNUstep AppStore?
I.e. a downloader App that looks for new versions and offers to
download/install them from the links to binaries or sources in the
SWI?

I like the idea, but I wonder how that would work with the package management model in *nix.

I mostly use it as a way to find new applications... I then go to the website and find out if the version in the SWI is the latest.  My experience with it is that it gets out-dated rather fast.

While on on the subject of thing I don't like about the SWI... I also don't like how it sorts by last updated.  I really don't need to see the previous update of GNUstep-back (for example).  In my opinion, it should just replace the entry and move it to top, so that you can't ever have the same application showing in the same page.  You can sift through versions inside the application's page (like you can already do now).

Stefan