Re: How to add support for my language?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: How to add support for my language?
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 09:53:18 +0200

Csanyi Pal wrote:
> ***** TODO gnustep-gui-ver.si.on/Panels
>
> $ cd gnustep-gui-ver.si.on/Panels
> $ cp English.lproj Hungarian.lproj
>
> ****** DONE Panels/GNUmakefile
> To translate:
> Panels/GNUmakefile
> -------------*
> LANGUAGES = English Hungarian
> -------------*
>
> ****** TODO Panels/GSDataLinkPanel.gorm/data.classes
> -IT'S FREE TO TRANSLATE??
> -------------*

> ****** Panels/GSPageLayout.gorm/data.classes
> -------------*
> {
>     "## Comment" = "Do NOT change this file, Gorm maintains it";
> -------------*
>
> ****** Panels/GSPrintPanel.gorm/data.classes
> -------------*
> {
>     "## Comment" = "Do NOT change this file, Gorm maintains it";
> -------------*
>
> ****** TODO Panels/GSSpellPanel.gorm/data.classes
> -IT'S FREE TO TRANSLATE??

> It's free to edit data.classes files? I don't think so. And you?

No, better don't touch these files. What should be translated is the
text in the objects.gorm files, but as these are binary files don't
change them directly. The basic idea here is to load each gorm file with
Gorm and change the text and layout in Gorm, store the file in your
language specific directory and that's it. But as I wrote previously,
this process fails for me.

Fred