Re: GNUStep on OpenBSD 4.1 - looking for alternative page

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: GNUStep on OpenBSD 4.1 - looking for alternative page
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 16:34:44 +0200

Michael Durket <durket@highwire.stanford.edu> wrote:
> Sebastian,
>
>     I'm using the AMD architecture. Starting from an existing port
> won't work. There's
> a note somewhere (I think in the GNUstep developer wiki) that that
> can't be done because
> the ports system changed between OpenBSD 4.1 and 4.2. That's why I'm
> looking for
> the original notes on that web page.
>
>      I can't easily switch this system to a more current release (one
> of the problems with
> OpenBSD) because it's running production continuously so we don't
> often upgrade.
Hi,

you should install libffi (which is not in the ports), and not libffcall from
the ports, as afaik libffi is better supported nowadays.
libffi should just compile, otherwise take a look into the Makefile in the
port that I have on my side and on the patches Makefile* patches in the
patches subdirectory in the port.
Then you may download the gnustep-startup tarball and try installing this one.
Afaik it will tell you about any other missing dependencies.

Note that you should use gmake instead of make.
hth

cheers
Sebastian