General question about GNUStep

From: Simeon
Subject: General question about GNUStep
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 14:47:58 +0200

Hi All,

I am pretty new to GNUStep but I think I will use it for my upcoming project. It is a multilayer online game for iPhone. Initially I though to program the server in C++. The client is clear - a native Objective C application. Currently I am looking for a good solution for the communication layer. There are very good C++ only and Java solution. What about Objective C and distributed objects? This is how I heard about GNUStep. Reading the articles in internet I started to think into direction to write also the server in Objective C (I really like this language). The first question I need answer for is "How good is the colaboration between Apple (iPhone) Objectve C libraries and GNUStep runtime"? How difficult good is the coupling between two runtimes when it is about object remote invocations and remoting in general?

I am sorry for my English but it is not my native language :)

Thank you very much in advance.

Simeon