Re: General question about GNUStep

From: Stuart Crook
Subject: Re: General question about GNUStep
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:01:07 +0100

Hi All,

On 25 Aug 2009, at 16:49, David Chisnall wrote:

By the way, in theory it ought to be possible to port GNUstep's NSPortCoder to Cocoa and use this for serialising messages to be sent across sockets. This would let Cocoa apps talk to GNUstep ones via DO.

This may be a useful undertaking for someone, if it hasn't been done already, since I'm fairly sure that the iPhone (which the original poster specifically mentioned) doesn't -- as far as I can tell -- support DO in any form.

_sjc_