Re: General question about GNUStep

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: General question about GNUStep
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 23:47:19 +0100

It looks like I will go back to C++ or Java for the server,

Why? Objective-C is much better than either... it's a very good server solution (C++ is too inflexible and Java is slow/clumsy).

Yes! :-)

Simeon,

you can check my "Building server applications using Objective-C and GNUstep" Fosdem 2009 presentation on

  http://www.gnustep.it/nicola/Presentations/index.html

if you're interested in a quick summary overview. If you're starting from scratch, and are using Objective-C on the client anyway, it's really worth for you to consider writing your server in Objective-C too - even if they talk to each other using a custom, language- independent protocol. ;-)

Anyway, whatever you choose to do, good luck with your project. :-)

Thanks