Re: General question about GNUStep

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: General question about GNUStep
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 12:40:26 +0200

Hi Simeon,

At the end the a array will be calculated for ways shorter time than one thread with 100 000 iterations, because each processor core will take part of this calculation.

GNU gcc (4.3.2) has already an option and you can compile with -fopenmp .

My question was: Does ObjC compiler handle also the same feature or it does not?

I am definitely no expert on this, but I can tell you that ObjC compiler == gcc. Since we use gcc to compile Objective-C programs I would guess that this will work fine.

Regards,

 Andras