Re: Please test new NSLock implementation!

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Please test new NSLock implementation!
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 22:05:50 +0200

This is not really a bug, but the new lock code exposes the use of
pthread.h in the header file NSLock.h. I would prefer to see this
reverted back, like the old code did it, using macros in the .m file to
convert the mutex and condition to the correct type.
It looks like you changed this on purpose. Do you have any specific
reason of handling this differently? I think it is better to keep
implementation details as the usage of a specific thread implementation
local to GNUstep, this would also make it a lot easier to provide
different implementations in the .m file, if we ever need it. But the
biggest benefit surely is that we keep user code free of our own
dependencies.

Fred

PS: There is a semicolon after the broadcast method in the .m file, this
may cause problems with the documentation generation.

PPS: Shouldn't NSConditionLock unlock twice in unlockWithCondition: as
the old code did?