Terminal Services (was: Rec: Changes I've been thinking of...)

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Terminal Services (was: Rec: Changes I've been thinking of...)
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 14:10:31 +0200

Philippe Roussel wrote:

On Thu, Oct 08, 2009 at 02:08:35AM +0200, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
There are multiple terminal applications (gap, backbone, etoile ?) but
none really usable (to my knowledge, maybe I missed something).

These are harsh words? I don't know of etoile, but the one in GAP works.
I use it every single day! It may miss some features but works. ANd I
assume backbone's does too, the code bae is essentially the same, but
the philosophies about releases, makefiles etc. differ.

Ok, I went too far, Terminal works. But I doesn't answer to
'Terminal/Open shell here' service needed by GWorkspace for example.

The services do work. However, you first must change one of the services
in Terminal's preferences or add a new one before Terminal will save the
necessary file to $GNUSTEP_USER_HOME/Library/Services. It took me a while
until I found that out.

Probably I should file a bug report, but it is not clear to me whether to file this bug report at Backbone or at GAP (plus I'm a bit too busy at the
moment ...)

Wolfgang