Re: Changes I've been thinking of...

From: Sergii Stoian
Subject: Re: Changes I've been thinking of...
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 21:11:21 +0000

Riccardo, yes! I've got the point.

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 8:37 PM, Riccardo Mottola <multix@ngi.it> wrote:
Hi,

- technical people who loves WindowMaker;

I used to use WindowMaker a long time ago. But frankly WindowMaker is just
outdated and looks dull. There are probably still people using WindowMaker,
but how many?

I'm one of them. I got interested into GNUstep also because of it looks. I love windowmaker. It is the only thing I use on free Unices.
It is sleek, unobtrusive, professional. The same should be true for GNUstep.
GNUstep stuff is generally almost there, but there are drawing glitches, ugly icons, imperfectly done interfaces which makes it not on par with openstep. And we should be even better. Improved, more complete.

Also, this concept of "outdated" is really ridiculous. Style has no time. People like Rolex. Waterman. Montblanc. Breguet.
People like Vetiver, 4711 Koelnisch Wasser.
People like Veuve Cliquot Poinsardin.

These items are made as our fathers or our grand-fatehrs could have bought them. Serious people like them because they are masterpieces.

Now of course, other people change dresses every few months, have a Swatch, use the latest perfume from Kiko or Pupa or whatever. They drinkĀ  some fashion-drink like bacardi breezer.

Riccardo