|Subject:||What is GNUStep used for?|
|Date:||Wed, 14 Oct 2009 15:25:42 -0700 (PDT)|
|Exactly what is GNUStep used for?|
Here's what I can figure out:
1. It's not an operating system.
2. It's not a GUI builder.
3. It includes Objective-C as its main application building tool.
4. It has some really ugly, retro looking apps (Gorm... etc.) for developing programs.
What I'd like to know:
1. Is it designed to promote Objective-C?
2. If it does not produce GUI apps, how were Gorm... etc. produced?
3. Is it mainly for Linux and Windows?
4. Is it necessary to use GNUStep and its libraries or may I just write ObjC apps using GCC?
The website doesn't do a very good job of introducing potential new users to the true purpose and use of GNUStep.
So I repeat... What is GNUStep used for?
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|