Re: Debugging GNUstep app

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Debugging GNUstep app
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 12:33:53 +0100

Hi all,

my app core dumps under certain circumstances. When I open the core file with gdb and enter

        bt

I only see that the run loop catched an exception. This does not help me a bit. I guess the exception was raised in a subthread. Any chance I can get a backtrace from a subthread in gdb? This might be a dummy/newbie question but I have never done that and figured out how this would work. Is that possible?

Sorry for the noise:

        thread apply all bt

It did not help me in my case, but may be next time.

Thanks,

         Andreas