Re: Newbie on docsetutil

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Newbie on docsetutil
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 16:16:29 +0000

On 19 Dec 2009, at 08:48, <vanag@telecom.ece.ntua.gr>
<vanag@telecom.ece.ntua.gr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I downloaded cocoa.vim and I ws browsing through the scripts (I am not
> expert). I noticed that it could be modified to contain the gnustep keywords,
> but the most intriguing part was the fact that it mentions a tool docsetutil
> for documentation. I searched a bit and I found that it is Apple only (maybe I
> am mistken). Is there much a functionality for gnustep? what documentation
> tool is used? Does it have the features of docsetutil? can it be used in the
> similar manner?
>
> I am personally interested to improve the cocoa.vim for GNUStep,. Am I
> duplicating work?

I don';t know docsetutil, so I can't really answer most of your query, but
gnustep uses autogsdoc which extracts information from source files, generates
xml documentation, handles indexing and cross references, and produces html
docmentation from the intermediate xml.

The autogsdoc tool (and it's documentation) is included with the gnustep-base
library.