Re: GNUMail patch

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUMail patch
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 00:58:11 +0100

James Jordan wrote:
Tim,

Fantastic!, I am replying in GNUmail after 1 successful test message. I applied it against GNUMail_snap-08-09-24.tar.gz from the Collaboration-world site. Been searching for a patch for days, thanks. My next issue is actually a Services problem but it effects my use of GNUmail. I cannot find a way to get the OpenURL service to work. I actually got Vespucchi working last night and the service to open a URL in Vespucci works. Actually, I am pretty impressed with how well Vespucci works.
Thank you for the compliments on Vespucci! A lot of work was done by Nikolaus in his SWK, so thank him too.

TO be honest, I did not try GNUMail since some time. I do not know if it supports proper opening of URLs in GNUstep or if it uses some trick. I hope you installed Vespucci from CVS-head of GAP. If you did so, run "make_services". To test if everything is configured properly just try to "gopen" the url.

for example:

gopen http://www.bing.com

if Vespucci open with Bing, everything is fine and it is probably a GNUMail fault.

You could also install Grr from CVS-head of GAP and try to open the article in the browser, that should work too.

Thanks again. I am sure you guys will get tired of me asking questions but I assure you I have been digging through everything I can find to fix problems before I ask.
Never be afraid to ask. You might be hitting a bug or problem developers oversaw or do not have on their computers. Or maybe you just show that there is interest and encourage developers to do their work. If you did search on the mailing list archives and on the wiki or webpages and don't find it, then perhaps it is not clear.

RIccardo