Re: SimpleAgenda SVN-745

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: SimpleAgenda SVN-745
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:46:17 +0100

Hi James,

Thanks for testing !

Le samedi 27 février 2010 à 14:44 +0100, J. Jordan a écrit :
> Phillippe,
>
> Awsome; downloaded, compiled and installed SVN-745.  Very impressive,
> built without issue, runs beautiful, even repeating events worked on
> the first try.   Copy and paste of an events works but it set the time
> to the beginnning of the day, don't even know if it is possible to
> solve that minor issue.

Well, I don't remember why but the intended behaviour was : keep the
start time when cut'&'pasting, set it to the user selected day start
time when copy'&'pasting. I changed it to always keep the original start
time as it seems more logical this way.

> Are you planning to implement Google-Calender natively in
> SimpleAgenda?  That would be very useful, any chance you might make it
> a framework so that it could possibly be used in other GNUstep apps in
> the future.  I am using GCALdaemon to sync my Google.ics file,
> something like that built in C/obj-C and configured within Simple
> Agenda would be fantastic.

I once thought about a native Google Agenda implementation (there's a
freely available objective-c library to use Google's services, even if
it doesn't compile with GNUstep) but I recently discovered that Google
enabled CalDAV access to their agenda, with some limitations. So I think
it would be better to work on SimpleAgenda's network code (kinda ugly
rght now) to implement correctly GroupDAV and CalDAV. We'll see.

Thanks,
Philippe
--
http://www.aworldofwishes.net/wish/23/