Re: apps segfaulting on FreeBSD 8.0

From: James Mahoney
Subject: Re: apps segfaulting on FreeBSD 8.0
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 11:32:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Riccardo and everybody,

Thanks for the info on the system daemons.

A little update and a couple questions below.  I decided to compile GNUstep
from svn with the libart backend.  This was done on Mar. 20.  Everything has
been working relatively fine now.  The segmentation faults have completely gone
away, except for buggy/alpha programs of course (:

I have been following the instructions in Dennis's Build Guide to start gdomap
at boot and gdnc and gpbs when I login and start X (via .cshrc and .xinitrc
respectively).  I am still learning how BSD init and rc work and still have to
start gdomap by hand.  I'll figure it out soon enough.