Re: does GNUstep support exception as well as apple implementation?

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: does GNUstep support exception as well as apple implementation?
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 09:25:27 +0200

Note: Windows' SEH also involves a cost for entering and leaving exception blocks, but does not have the other problems of setjmp() exceptions.

Nevertheless, I understand that the try/catch/finally pattern inherited from JAVA is easier to understand and to maintain.

And yet you seem to be arguing against this...

Yes, because I doubted that it is more unsafe.

And a working and mature concept was augmented by another one which has IMHO only marginal improvements - and some (also minor) drawbacks (e.g. requiring a higher minimum version number of the compilers).