Re: Localization with NSString

From: Paul Chany
Subject: Re: Localization with NSString
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 19:55:58 +0200

Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@tiptree.demon.co.uk> writes:

> On 22 Jun 2010, at 14:59, Paul Chany wrote:
>
> Then you need to deal with localization.  The standard way to do that
> in GNUstep is using the '_(X)' macro (which is a shorthand for a more
> longwinded localization call: 'NSLocalizedString (X, @"")' ).
> Renaissance effectively does this for you in the gui code it controls,
> but in your own program code you have to localize the strings you want
> localised.
>
> eg.
> GSPrintf(stdout, _(@"Hello!\n"));

I decide to follow this advice. I have now following in main.m file:

[snip..]
@implementation MyDelegate : NSObject

- (void) printHello: (id)sender
{
  GSPrintf(stdout, _(@"Hello!\n"));
}
[..snip]

> That loads localised strings from the default localisation file of the
> application.

How can I create such a default localisation file? Maybe with
make_strings program? What filename should it have?

--
Regards,
Paul Chany