Re: Problem with ffi/forwardInvocation and exception handling on OpenSol

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Problem with ffi/forwardInvocation and exception handling on OpenSolaris
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:04:21 +0100

On 28 Jun 2010, at 13:18, Saso Kiselkov wrote:

> Sure, I've attached the original source and generated assembly.

Well, that looks weird.  The unwind data for main() looks correct, but for
do_throw and -forwardException:, I can't find the the language-specific data
area's header. It appears to be creating the callsite info, but not actually
creating any references to it...

You're using GCC 4.3.3, according to the include stuff, but the generated
assembly looks a bit like nonsense.  I wonder if it is trying to make code
compatible with a Solaris exception ABI that the GNU runtime knows nothing
about?  Even that doesn't seem very likely.

You could try putting a breakpoing on __gnu_objc_personality_v0() and then
checking that the call to parse_lsda_header() is working correctly for each
frame.

Can you catch the exception in -forwardInvocation: or does it not even unwind
through the do_throw() function?

David

--
This email complies with ISO 3103