Re: Copy your GNUstep Library folder - App for Windows

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Copy your GNUstep Library folder - App for Windows
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 19:27:20 -0600

On Sep 25, 2010, at 9:34 AM, Csanyi Pal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> although my app is not complete, I'm trying to port it to Windows
> op. system following
> http://gnustep.org/resources/documentation/User/GNUstep/README.MinGW
>
> At step '4. Copy your GNUstep Library folder' I made MyApp.app/GNUstep/
> directory but don't know which GNUstep Library to copy into it?
>
> I have installed on my Windows XP system gnustep-msys-system-0.25.1. I
> have the following directory here:
> C:\GNUstep\GNUstep\Local\Library\
> and
> C:\GNUstep\GNUstep\System\Library\
>
> so whic one of these must I copy into MyApp.app/GNUstep/ directory?

Well it's best to copy both, but if you have nothing in the Local directory,
then there's no need to copy it, but you should copy

C:\GNUstep\GNUstep

into your directory.  Note, however, this is only if you want to provide you
app as a stand-alone application, with no need to install gnustep-msys-system
and the other GNUstep installers.  If you are just wanting to release your
application for Windows, so that other people who have installed GNUstep can
use it, then you can just zip up you app as is.