Re: Running a separate script from my app using NSBundle, NSTask

From: Csanyi Pal
Subject: Re: Running a separate script from my app using NSBundle, NSTask
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 11:29:50 +0100

Hello,

SPUeNTRUP - Kai Henningsen <Kai.Henningsen@cats.ms> writes:

> Am Tue, 02 Nov 2010 18:28:54 +0100
> schrieb Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com>:
>
> Let me just point out that there is never a need to run gcc as root
> (and in fact it is usually a bad idea, as it hasn't been audited to be
> safe). The right way to do this is something along these lines:
>
> $ gcc -ggdb -O DPResetBit0.c -o DPResetBit0
> $ sudo chown root:root DPResetBit0
> $ sudo chmod +s DPResetBit0
>
> ... or just
>
> $ make
> $ sudo make install
>
> (which I believe is one of the major reasons for having a separate
> install target in the first place).

Thanks!

I try to create a separate Makefile only to compile those C scripts to
get DPResetBit0, DPResetBit1, ..., DPResetBit7 and to
get DPSetBit0, DPSetBit1, ..., DPSetBit7
executables that can run with root permissions.
This is the only way to access the parallel port.

Then I want to run those executables from my LPT_Interface.app app using
NSTask.

So I want to edit my GNUmakefile to get compiled those C files into my
app. I tried to create a separate Makefile to compile only these C
sources, and try to include this Makefile into GNUmakefile but then I
get compiled only C executables but not get the LTP_Interface.app.

Makefile is here: http://pastebin.com/6y0c7iEx
GNUmakefile is here: http://pastebin.com/2viLamit

I read GNUmakefile manual and GNU make manual but can't figure out how
can I do this: to compile the app with one command: make, and after that
to install it with 'sudo make install'.

What to read, where to find tutorial, or advices?

--
Regards, Paul Chany
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/lptinterface/>