Re: FOSDEM Arrangements

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: FOSDEM Arrangements
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 15:26:03 +0000

On 12 Dec 2010, at 14:59, Niels Grewe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 05:17:08PM +0000, David Chisnall wrote:
>> Getting in on Friday morning would require me to leave in the middle of the
>> night, so I probably won't do that.  I could probably get there around 4pm,
>> so time for a bit of hacking, an early dinner, and then a lot of beer.
>>
>> They pay for three nights of hotel, so I might stay Sunday night and head
>> back on Monday, if other people are going to be hanging around on Sunday
>> evening.  I think I have to go to the speakers' dinner on Saturday night, so
>> I can't join in a GNUstep meal (unless you all want to come to the dinner?),
>> but I could meet people for hacking / more beer afterwards.
>
> I will be arriving on Friday afternoon and a little gettogether before
> the beer event would be nice (I had a hard time finding anybody last
> time…) Since there is no chance that I can get back to where I live on
> Sunday, I'd probably be leaving Monday morning.

I think I'll try to do the same.  Arrive late afternoon on Friday, leave Monday
morning.  How long I spend at the beer event will largely depend on whether I
have to give a talk on Saturday morning...

> BTW: What did become of the plan to get a discounted group booking at a
> hotel?

It would be a good idea.  I think I have to go to whichever hotel the
organisers put me in, so hopefully I can find out what that is, and maybe try
to find one nearby for everyone else.  If we can get a list of people who are
definitely going, then we can try contacting some hotels and see if they want
to offer a discount.

David

-- Sent from my brain