Zcode - an Objective-C IDE

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Zcode - an Objective-C IDE
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 18:29:11 +0100

Hi,

I'd like to announce work on Zcode, an Objective-C IDE. I'm trying to write an IDE that will be able to load and save Xcode3 projects, produce makefiles, and perhaps most significantly, duplicate Xcode experience.

I'll try to work on it at least until I can get Zcode to self-compile. Hopefully I'll get at least that far :-)

If there are people interested in Zcode, I've set up a Mercurial repository on BitBucket:
 https://bitbucket.org/ivucica/zcode
and a mini-homepage:
 http://ivan.vucica.net/zcode/

Zcode is still in hyper-early development, and basically it can only load the contents of Xcode project's "main group" and display it in the Groups and Files outline view. A small screenshot is displayed on the homepage.

I plan to get targets loaded reasonably quickly, and from there onwards, it should not be a significant problem to generate a GNUmakefile.

If anyone is interested and wants to drop patches, poke me via email, and create a public clone of the repository somewhere. If enough people are interested, I'll set up a mailing list somewhere and the party can start.

--
Regards,

Ivan Vučica