GNUstep SoftWare Index - new project home and sources of the tool

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: GNUstep SoftWare Index - new project home and sources of the tool
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 12:41:43 +0100

Hi all,
the software index is working quite well (execept that there aren't too many
updates recently).

Since I received some questions where the sources are, I have opened a git
repository on

        http://projects.goldelico.com/p/swi/

This project page also includes a (short) description and a issue tracker.

So far the sources are (and have always been) on some cryptic CVS system that is
synchronized hourly with the www.gnustep.org server. Each time there have been
fixes I have done a cvs ci to push it to the server. This will continue...

One file is of course missing (and only on the GNUstep server) - the
configuration
for GNUstep since it contains information how to access the database.

So if you find issues with the SWI tool or have ideas for improvement (1),
please submit
tickets at

        http://projects.goldelico.com/p/swi/issues/

If I find some time I will work on it and make a git push + cvs ci. If someone
else wants
to help, please pull the git repository and work (with a local database server)
on it
and submit patches.

And, please continue to submit new versions and new applications to the index.

If someone uses these scripts to run a different (non-GNUstep related) index,
please
let me know so that I can add a link to it.

Nikolaus

(1) e.g.
* making it a real App-Store for GNUstep
* automatic notifications (announcements) on the gnustep announcement list
* improvements for the GUI
* more options and features for logged-in users (comments, notifications etc.)