Re: question about low availability of Mac OS X applications that has Gn

From: Zhang Weiwu, Beijing
Subject: Re: question about low availability of Mac OS X applications that has GnuStep edition
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 09:58:12 +0800

On 01/25/2011 06:25 AM, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> Linux, *BSD, Solaris... a big mess, don't you think? A maze...
> GNUstep has its shortcomings, but I think that generally Linux is not
> such a well-defined and interesting target for many applications.
> Sadly perhaps, but it is reality.

Consider application authors delver binary due to the fact the source
code is thus not available, is a byte-code approach possible solution to
this BUSINESS PROBLEM? Application vendors deliver half-compiled code,
and standardized installer (an GNU-STEP component) compile it on the
target machine to target machine binary. Users don't have to know this,
they see a progress bar anyway, only slower.

Again, I am not on a programing job role, only learned these concepts
simple because fate had took me to computer science school for 4 college
years. So please be kind when commenting stupid ideas.

--
我的博客:
http://zhangweiwu.ixiezi.com/