Re: Accessibility for users with disabilities

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Accessibility for users with disabilities
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 14:37:55 +0000

I'd be happy to mentor (or co-mentor) such a project if we had a student and
Fred was too busy.

The plan this year for the GSoC is to do the same thing as last year - apply
under the GNU project umbrella, so as long as GNU is accepted (and I'd be
shocked if it wasn't) then we just need to find some motivated students.
Unfortunately, that's the hard bit.

So, are there any students who'd be interested in working on this?

David

On 18 Mar 2011, at 13:13, Matt Campbell wrote:

> I would happily serve as an advisor on such a Google Summer of Code project,
> though I'm probably too new to the GNUstep community to be the project
> mentor.  As I said before, I have expertise in MSAA, the accessibility API on
> Windows.  Given that it's now mid-March, is there any chance that GNUstep
> would be accepted for GSoC this summer?
>
> Matt

-- Send from my Jacquard Loom