Re: Plans for more frameworks?

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Plans for more frameworks?
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 15:19:43 -0400

Lars,

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
<lars.sonchocky-helldorf@hamburg.de> wrote:

> Am 07.04.2011 um 17:58 schrieb David Chisnall:
>
>> On 7 Apr 2011, at 16:49, Omar Campos wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I know that GnuStep currently supports AppKit and Foundation frameworks.
>>> Are there any plans to support any other of the Cocoa frameworks, like,
>>> say, Core Data? Just curious.
>>
>> There is a partial implementation of CoreData in svn (libs/gscoredata).
>
> And if you like the predecessor of CoreDate, the Enterprise Objects Framework
> or short EOF you might be interested in GDL2 which is an EOF clone:
>
> http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/libs/gdl2/
>
> Btw. some folks consider EOF more versatile than CoreData

This is indeed true, but we should still complete our CoreData
implementation since it is commonly used.

This being said I also need to add support for CoreData and bindings
in Gorm.   One of the things I may do in the near future is a
re-thinking of Gorm's inspectors and palettes to be a little more
versatile.

GC
--
Gregory Casamento - GNUstep Lead/Principal Consultant, OLC, Inc.
(240)274-9630 (Cell)