Creating file on Windows

From: Stefan Bidi
Subject: Creating file on Windows
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 14:19:50 -0500

I have the following code on a Windows machine:

      char buffer[3] = {'a', 'b', 'c'};
      NSString *filename = @"/c/Analyzer Data/output.csv";
      file = [NSFileHandle fileHandleForWritingAtPath: filename];
      NSLog (@"%@", file);
      [file writeData: [NSData dataWithBytes: buffer length: 3]];

The file never gets created.  The directory C:\Analyzer Data\ exists and is writable by the user but -fileHandleForWritingPath: returns nil (per the NSLog).

This machine has the latest stable Windows binary release.  Any suggestions?  I'm sure I'm missing something simple, just don't know what.