GnomeTheme and "assert" symbol lookup

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: GnomeTheme and "assert" symbol lookup
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 12:21:28 +0200

Hi!

I've just compiled GnomeTheme from SVN under Debian. I've reconfigured GNUstep to use clang to compile (which is probably not the same compiler that is used for building GNUstep .deb packages by the maintainer), but I believe I used this setup before as well.

Now, as soon as I switch theme to GnomeTheme using SystemPreferences, I get this:

SystemPreferences: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/lib/GNUstep/Themes/GnomeTheme.theme/./GnomeTheme: undefined symbol: assert

It's not a big deal since Debian has old GNUstep (1.20 base, 0.18 gui), but it has worked before, and assert() is a weird thing to fail on. Any ideas?

--
Ivan Vučica
ivan@vucica.net