Re: The New GNUstep Seems Slow

From: Richard Stonehouse
Subject: Re: The New GNUstep Seems Slow
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 20:03:48 +0100

This was with the cairo backend.

Rebuilds with the art and xlib backends work fine - run at the
expected speed.

The installed cairo is libcairo.so.2.10800.10 from openSUSE 11.3
package cairo-1.8.10-3.1.i586; gnustep-back 0.18.0 worked OK with
this.

There is another libcairo on the system, installed by vmware in one
of its own directories, but I'm pretty confident that gnustep-back is
linked against the correct libcairo and not the spurious one.

openSUSE 11.4, which I've downloaded but not yet installed, has a new
version of libcairo: /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2.11000.2 in package
libcairo2-1.10.2-6.9.1.i586. I'm planning to install it over the
weekend so will see whether the problem goes away.

Please let me know if there's anything else I should try.