Re: new attempt GNUstep on cygwin

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: new attempt GNUstep on cygwin
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 00:11:15 +0200

Execution
=========
We tried to run all the test code in base and gui. For some reason the
test environment wont detect test cases that just break with a
segmentation fault, that way it is hard to say how much of the tests
actually run correctly. In base teh NSRunLoop test never returned, we
had to kill it.
Simple command line tools seem to run, as they already get used when
compiling gui and back.
Any real gui application and more complex tools seem to segmentation
fault rather early. The computer with the backtrace is a few hundred
kilometres away, Riccardo will have to provide the exact backtrace, but
it wasn't very helpfull.

I just tired now and I get this:

0x6ee50241 in ?? ()
from
\\?\C:\cygwin\System\Library\Bundles\libgnustep-back-021.bundle\libgnust
ep-back-021.dll
(gdb) bt
#0 0x6ee50241 in ?? ()
from
#1 0x00605e28 in ?? ()
#2 0x67966870 in _OBJC_SELECTOR_TABLE ()
from C:\cygwin\System\Tools\cyggnustep-base-1_23.dll
#3 0x00002020 in ?? ()
#4 0x005fd148 in ?? ()
#5 0x00000000 in ?? ()

is that what you got or were you able to tweak it further?

Yes, that was the useless back trace I talked about.

I think the next step should be to recompile our own libobjc as most
likely this is the source of the problem. We didn't have the time for
this on the weekend and it is unclear at what time any of us will touch
Cygwin again.

As soon as I have enough time, I'll report about that.

If you try this, you should comment out the include of libobjc_entry.c in the GNUmakefile of libobjc. Or rather try to use libobjc2.

Fred