Re: Newbie question(differences between gnustep and xCode)

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: Re: Newbie question(differences between gnustep and xCode)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 16:39:29 -0600

Hi John,

Check out this tutorial on how to get the Hello World example working: http://www.gnustep.it/nicola/Tutorials/WritingMakefiles/node2.html

Just launch the GNUstep shell from your start menu and use the text editor of your choice to create the GNUmakefile file.

As far as following Xcode tutorials in general, it should be possible, but may require a bit of work depending on the tutorial. The parts that focus on the ObjC language should be useful. Note that with the GNUstep windows installer, you only get ObjC 1.0, so no blocks, garbage collection, @property, etc. When it comes to building GUI applications, we have an InterfaceBuilder equivalent called Gorm.

Hope this helps.

Eric