Re: [ANN] PyObjC for GNUstep

From: Jens Ayton
Subject: Re: [ANN] PyObjC for GNUstep
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 18:40:35 +0200

On Jul 21, 2011, at 17:09, Gregory Casamento wrote:

> I had heard that the PyObjC runtime was used by the guys who did rubycocoa.
> I'm wondering if this might serve as a basis for getting ruby working with
> GNUstep.

I don't know of any such link, but I haven't looked hard. In any case,
RubyCocoa is effectively abandoned in favour of the more sophisticated MacRuby;
the RubyCocoa project hasn't seen any activity for a couple of years, and it's
no longer supported in Xcode. Given that MacRuby has syntax enhancements for
better integration and is being actively developed, it would be a better target.

--
Jens Ayton