Re: Logging NSData

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Logging NSData
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 21:28:30 +0200

Hi David,

Could it be preferring -localizedDescription? Is -localizedDescription also implemented? Just guessing here.

Thanks for the hint. I tried that, but still no avail! :-(

Any more ideas?

I wondered if it was a class cluster problem - NSData is a class cluster, but as far as I could see none of the subclasses implemented -description.  Are you sure that your category is actually being loaded?

Yes, I am sure. I even modified the implementation of NSData::description in base/Source/NSData.m accordingly. No avail! The method is just not used under GNUstep!?

Thanks,

 Andreas