Re: Odd problem

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: Odd problem
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 23:17:09 -0600

On dom, 2011-07-24 at 12:08 +0100, David Chisnall wrote:
> On 24 Jul 2011, at 01:03, Germán Arias wrote:
>
> > As I can see this is a problem with libobjc in gcc, so I will ask at gcc
> > help list. Thanks.
>
> While I wouldn't completely rule out a libobjc bug, this kind of crash is
> usually caused by a message being sent to a dangling pointer.  Try using
> valgrind or NSZombieEnabled to find what it is and where it's being
> deallocated.
>
> David

Attached the output of Valgrind with SystemPreferences (currently many
apps are broken). And if is useful the backtrace of gdb, also with
SystemPreferences. I notice that the broken apps, are those who need
frameworks (others than Base and Gui)- For example SystemPreferences is
broken, but need PreferencePanel.framework. Gorm is also broken. But
other apps, like Terminal and GMines, works fine. However, I get an
segmentation fault when I close these apps.