Re: Odd problem

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Odd problem
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 12:57:57 +0200

On 25.07.2011 07:17, Germán Arias wrote:
On dom, 2011-07-24 at 12:08 +0100, David Chisnall wrote:
On 24 Jul 2011, at 01:03, Germán Arias wrote:

As I can see this is a problem with libobjc in gcc, so I will ask at gcc
help list. Thanks.

While I wouldn't completely rule out a libobjc bug, this kind of crash is
usually caused by a message being sent to a dangling pointer.  Try using
valgrind or NSZombieEnabled to find what it is and where it's being deallocated.

David

Attached the output of Valgrind with SystemPreferences (currently many
apps are broken). And if is useful the backtrace of gdb, also with
SystemPreferences. I notice that the broken apps, are those who need
frameworks (others than Base and Gui)- For example SystemPreferences is
broken, but need PreferencePanel.framework. Gorm is also broken. But
other apps, like Terminal and GMines, works fine. However, I get an
segmentation fault when I close these apps.

Should be fixed now, please give it another try.