Re: Graphics issues

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Graphics issues
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 11:11:22 +0200

On 05.09.2011 10:39, Andreas Schik wrote:
Am 01.09.2011 20:01, schrieb Eric Wasylishen:
[snipped explanation]

Hopefully my explanation above is clear :-)

Clear enough for me to understand that all UI related images have to be
in 72x72 dpi.

The icons in GWorkspace are drawn correctly now, except if I set
GSUseFreedesktopThumbnails to YES. Here, it seems that only the first
thumbnail is loaded from $HOME/.thumbnails and cached. At least for all
other files of the same type this cached image is used, i.e. all PDF
icons look the same. Might of course be, that on this machine not for
all PDFs exist freedesktop thumbnails and that this is a fallback. But
in that case I'd expect the standard file type icon to appear.

I just checked the source code in NSWorkspace we have in place for the thumbnails and I don't quite see, how the behaviour you described could happen. If GSUseFreedesktopThumbnails is YES, we try to access the thumbnail with a specific name. Could you please check in your $HOME/.thumbnails directory whether there are already wrong thumbnails for the PDF files. I know it is a bit hard to get the connection between a file name and its thumbnail file correct, but you could just add a write statement in the NSWorkspace code to display this relationship. If there aren't any relevant thumbnails or if these thumbnails are specific to each file, then the thumbnail creation is correct and we have a problem in the GNUstep image selection code.

On the other hand, it could well be that this is a GWorkspace issue and completely unrelated to the code in NSWorkspace that I checked.