Re: FOSDEM 2012 (Call for Devrooms)

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2012 (Call for Devrooms)
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 11:29:10 +0200

Hi Lars,

Am 11.10.2011 um 23:38 schrieb Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf:

> Hi GNUsteppers,
>
> the annual call for Devrooms for the next FOSDEM is out:
>
>> Von: Pascal Bleser <pbleser@fosdem.org>
>> Datum: 27. September 2011 21:48:47 MESZ
>> An: fosdem@lists.fosdem.org
>> Betreff: [FOSDEM] FOSDEM 2012 Call for Devrooms
>> Antwort an: FOSDEM announcements and visitor questions
>> <fosdem@lists.fosdem.org>
>>

>> Call for developer rooms is open now for FOSDEM 2012:
>>
>> http://fosdem.org/2012/call_for_devrooms
>>
>> cheers
>> --
>> -o) Pascal Bleser <loki@fosdem.org>       http://fosdem.org/
>> /\\ FOSDEM 2012 ::: 4 + 5 February 2012 in Brussels, Belgium
>> _\_v Free and Opensource Software Developers European Meeting
>

> I am going to volunteer to organize the devroom for GNUstep given there's
> enough interest to participate in our community. This means in practice that
> we need at least 6 to 7 people willing to give one or more talk(s) so we can
> fill one day. Also it would be great if people who want just to come to
> FOSDEM could give me a shout here on the list so I can estimate how big the
> interest in this event actually is.
>
> The deadline for devroom submission is 2011-10-27 so it would be nice to
> learn about your interest (or disinterest) as soon as possible.

Yes, that is a good idea and thanks for taking the action!

I was heavily involved in the GTA04 project in the last months, but
now we have the first hardware shipping. So my plan is to work
a little on mySTEP so that it really works smoothly on the GTA04
handheld. And allows to do real phone calls and access web pages
through UMTS.

There are so many interesting things to present this time...

e.g. CoreTelephony.framework, MapKit.framework, SWK
improvements.

Nikolaus