Re: printing, default printer

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: printing, default printer
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 09:49:36 +0100

Hi,

Germán Arias wrote:
On 2011-12-14 14:47:20 -0600 Ivan Vučica<ivucica@gmail.com>  wrote:

Hi,

that definitely sounds like it should work without a printer. Maybe the way
PS file is generated is causing trouble?
I think the problem is with the printer name: mind, the error I get is:

lpr: Unnamed: unknown printer
As far I remember by default GNUstep set "gv" to preview a document (you can
change this on SystemPreferences). And I remember it worked ok. But currently
seems to be a bug on NSTextView. If I run Ink.app from shell and try to preview
document I get:
last time I tried on a machine where everything worked:
1) Save allows you to save a PS
2) preview will generate a PS file and open a viewer. "gv" is a fallback, it first tries to use a workspace registered viewer. Thus if you install GSPDf it will perfectly launch and use that instead of a non-gnustep app. Perfectly transparent and smooth.

it looked and worked all quite fine! Perhaps I am seeing a specific OpenBSD problem here, I don't know. I will try on other computers

Riccardo